Sunday, December 28, 2008

First Post!

Hello Everyone!
I have never blogged before but I thought it would be a good way of keeping people updated on my trip to Chile. That is, those who are interested!

In ten days, I will be leaving Chi-town for Chi-country. I will live, study, eat, sleep, drink, and be merry in Santiago, Chile from January 7-July 18. I am definitely excited but also quite nervous. The longest that I have been away from home at a time has been about 3 or 4 weeks and the longest I've been in a foreign country has been 2 weeks. So yeah, being away for 26.5 weeks without coming back to the U.S. once is going to be a huge deal for me! But I'm ready. I know it. I think...!

Well, I will try my hardest not to ramble or write anymore boring posts like this one. I will try to be clear, concise and engaging. Please let me know if I fail to be so. Thank you. Also, please excuse my excessive use of punctuation and smiley faces!!!! :) :P I am trying to shed my computer-chat vocabularic tendencies but years of adopting such methods makes the reversal exceptionally difficult. Oh yes, and I assume I will be writing many things in Spanish, especially in my later posts so please bare with me and let me know if I write something that you really can not understand. Gracias!!!!

Well, until I write again,
Yours truly,
Laurita

2 comments:

  1. I got your AIM right before my computer crashed! It's back up (for now) and I hope to read about your life there on here/talk to you soon!

    LOVE,
    HOPE

    ReplyDelete